Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life is full of unexpected events...

Have been a while since my last post. Why?? Because I was bogged down with a list of events.

I just like how events can happen one after another, unplanned. Oh did I mention, it was all unpleasant but memorable.

Here is the list of events taken place from June till today.
1) It all started with a small trip and fall where I scratched my knee, nothing serious, my knee got swollen with some unwanted carvings.
2) Then came the trip and fall from a wet staircase. Not too serious, got a crack on my lower spine, cannot sit for 2 weeks, cannot sleep well for 2 weeks, got medical leave for 3 weeks, and was told it will take 6 weeks to heal, how exciting~
3) My beloved dalmation name Patra left after being with us for 14 years.
4) What's next? I dropped a pair of sharp scissors onto my right foot's 2nd toe. Oh, just to make this incident a bit more memorable, the scissors fell straight onto the cuticle creating a deep cut. Ya, blood was the outcome of this.

Oh! Did I mention #2~#4 happened within a week?

5) Then I got a cold sore on my lip. Under normal circumstances, this is acceptable as I can hide at home. Somehow this happened when I have important lunches, dinners, and meetings, this cold sore has become an eye sore.
6) On Tuesday, in the office I started to fell uneasy. Bought a thermometer and it was showing my body temperature at 38.5C, follow by headache, body ache, and sorethroat. To make things worst, I just got back from Singapore on Sunday. Well within the 7 days period, having 4 out of the 5 symptoms. I then head to the clinic and was given 3 days medical leaves. The doctor said that if I do not feel better in 2 days, they will send me to the hospital to check for possible H1N1. Have recovered from fever and will be going for follow up check tomorrow. Hopefully doctor is happy with my recovery.

So here you are, the chain of events that got me busy and away from updating the blog. Life is just full of unexpected events.

No comments:

Post a Comment